Saturday, October 10, 2009

Religious Songs by an Atheist

In one of the wards, the rule is "You come on duty, then you pray". So, in I go to the Tea Room to get my prayer on, but considering the fact that I'm an atheist, I wasn't all that comfortable doing so. I stood there respectfully with my head bowed. I couldn't sing along either way considering they were singing in Zulu.

The Sister-in-Charge then asks me why I'm not singing. "I don't know the words", I reply. Then, she asked me to sing a song from my church. "I don't attend church." I could swear I heard a couple of shocked and horrified gasps.. There was silence for about five minutes until the Sister said, "We're waiting." I had to sing. I don't know any church songs. The only songs I could think of that are remotely religious were Christmas Carols.

I broke out into Silent Night.

2 comments:

  1. lmfao

    andykins, I laughed a littled bit


    Listen, drop this shit blogspot for decent wordpress, I'll host it for you if you pay for the domain or we get you a free domain like nursienursie.za.net or summing

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill send you an email now rushells. :)

    ReplyDelete