Friday, January 29, 2010

Sluice Room Sperm

Working in Orthopaedic Ward means lots of urine testing due to the high risk of patients developing kidney stones and urinary tract infections thanks to a 'wee' term called "urinary stasis" - sorry I couldn't help myself with the pun.

Myself and Cindy did urine testing together. I took a urinal from a patient and we met in the Sluice Room to do the test. I poured the urine out into a clear measuring jar and it looked a bit cloudy. We put the test stick in and noticed that the cloudiness was actually sperm which started clinging to our test strip.

We stood in the Sluice Room giggling and gagging for ages. I can't handle urine. urine with sperm is on a whole other level. Even thinking about it now - three years later - makes me want to vom all over my keyboard.

2 comments:

  1. My funniest was when shaving an anaesthetised male patient for an appendectomy. Having repositioned the penis to remove the pubic hair,I realised that the patient had become aroused! Before I could cover him up, the surgeon noticed and I was then the focus of the theatre's humour for the rest of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah noooo way! that is so funny dude.. hahahah :D

    ReplyDelete